Friday, March 21, 2008

Thank You Jesus

I realize today, as I have reflected on the crucifixion of my Savior over 2000 years ago, that there is a part of me that wishes I could do something to 'make up' for what Jesus had to do for me. I mean, what a sobering thought that a perfect, sinless God-man loved ME...such a imperfect, sinful person....enough to be obedient unto the death of a cross. Yet, there is nothing I can do EVER to repay Him. I can only give back to him out of the overflow of gratefulness for all He did for me. More amazing still is that HE himself will give me the power to live in a way that pleases Him.
I pray that this burning desire to please Him because of the sacrifice He made for me is one that has been strengthened today and one that will burn greater, so that He may be glorified. I now realize I must pray that I am never seeking to repay Him,however...for who am I to think I could ever do anything that would be even the lowliest of payment. IT IS ALL OF HIM...HE LOVED ME...and all He desires is that I live out the gratefulness I have.
I praise God that on a day like this, a truth that I have known He makes fresh to my heart...so that I am constantly reminded of who I am and who He is! Holy is the Lord God Almight! Thank you for the sacrifice of your son, Jesus, for my sake. I'm forever grateful!

No comments: