Monday, March 24, 2008

A Blessed Easter

Easter is my absolutle favorite time of celebration. It is just the most thrilling thing to think of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ...for ME!!!
Our Easter Sunday started at 5:00a.m. as we got up and bundled up (it was like 17 degrees here in Maine) for our Sunrise Service. It was cold...but it is such a time of reflection and definitely starts my morning looking in the right direction. From the cemetery where we have the service we came home and hosted a quick but scrumptious breakfast of eggs, bacon, waffles and fruit. YUMMY!!!!!!! Out Easter worship service was a wonderful time of music and a wonderful message entitled "Salvation In Christ Alone".
Our day then continued at my parent's home where we spent the afternoon, kids playing, Chris fixing things (as usual), and the preparation of a incredible Easter meal. We had ham that was to die for, and cheesy potatoes (my sister's specialty...we missed her and Ben and Dan and Josh), and asparagus(yum), corn, sweet potatoes, and of course some rolls. It was one of the best meals I've had in a while...it was SO good!
Anyway, that was Easter with the Pomerleau's. I trust you all had a blessed one as well!

2 comments:

Lula! said...

But where's the picture of that find meal? I mean, there's important things, and then there's important meals...

Lula! said...

I meant FINE meal. But you probably already knew that. Love you!