Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fools, Paper Airplanes and more

So, I don't know what my problem is...but my creativity for blogging is just not there. At the end of the day I sit down and try to concoct (sp?) something up that will sound witty, inspiring from my day to share with y'all...and nothing comes.
I think I have put too much pressure on myself to have a witty blog...so I am making a disclamor at this point. For readers ONLY interested in reading witty and inspiring blogs...look elsewhere! HA!
You know I think some of my trouble is that April 1st in Maine was a total day of snow. Thankfully only bits of it stuck to the ground and trees, but still...I am SO over winter!! It has been a great one, with PLENTY of opportunity for the boys to play and experience snow and ice and all the great things that can come with it...but it is time to be SPRING!!
Anyway...my moments of bliss today were given to me by my children. My oldest son is a definite student by nature. He studies people, situations, etc. and unlike his mom after seeing something only once...he then can wonderfully execute and apply it. Apparently he did a bit of that over the last two days. I picked him up from preschool this morning and one of his teachers says to me "Nicholas got me with an April Fools joke today." This is how it went.

Nicholas: "Miss Ann, I don't like cheese pizza anymore"
Miss Ann: "You don't?!"
Nicholas: "April Fools" with the biggest grin apparently.

It was funny how PROUD I felt at that moment...can't even really explain why. Well, Nicholas spent the rest of today April Fooling us (even though he knows April Fools Day was yesterday as his dad informed him). Now, I never mentioned April Fools yesterday, mostly b/c it ended up being a very serious day for Chris and I concerning a situation...but Nicholas, in observation of people around him, watched and learned. Too cute...though a great reminder to me as a parent how much a child can pick up simply by watching the world around him/her.

And my other moment of bliss came tonight while I was feeding my 7 1/2 month old Gabriel. Chris had gotten Luke a Curious George book and at the end of the book it gave a demo on how to build a paper airplane. So...I decided to have that be our 'late night' activity. I built them an airplane (dad wasn't home so they had no choice but to have mommy be the builder) and then they spent 15 minutes having a BLAST of a time. I just sat back and smiled as they came up with their airplane games, laughed with each other, amazed themselves with how far they could fly their planes, etc. For me it was just one of those simple childhood memories that I was SO thankful my children could share in.

Well, that's it from this non-witty blogger!
Later!

1 comment:

Lula! said...

Confession time...I worry that my blog is too much witty, not enough spiritual...I need to find a balance of both, I guess. But your blog, my friend, always encourages and inspires me and reminds me to focus on God. That is your gift...and your blog reflects that, so ROCK ON!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! And I love Nicholas, too...it would be a definite April Fools for me to say that I don't like cheese pizza anymore! :)