Saturday, May 31, 2008

Just stuff

Just a little peek in to what's been going on in the Pomerleau household. We had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend. We have a wonderful friend who bought a 'camp' (camp is a bit strong... it is a 3 br house on a beautiful lake...but we call it camp). Anyway, Chris and his brother are in charge of the upkeep, etc and for that we have open invitation use of this wonderful place. We LOVE IT! It is the ONE place we can truly get away. The boys love it because they truly get mommy and daddy's undivided attention b/c nobody can get to us (except the few who have the house number...our cell phones don't work out there). Anyway, over the weekend Luke became a great fisherman, Nicholas conquered his 'fear' of tubing. Last year he had gone tubing with Daddy and the tube flipped over and so he went in the water (he wasn't going fast)...for my more reserved Nicholas this was enough to keep him from wanting to tube any more after that last summer. So...we head out on the boat and I felt like I watching him fight back the feeling of fear and he said "Mom, I'm gonna' go tubing now". And he did...oh I was SO proud to see how proud he was that he just did it. He had huge smiles (though they were a bit like those i' m terrified but having fun smiles). Needless to say he went tubing a couple of other times...one of those times neither mom or dad were out on the boat...he was with his aunt and uncle. Well, that was neat to see...oh I LOVE to watch my kids work through life things and I praise God for His hand in their life. What else...well, true to the Pomerleau family fashion, we did have to take one trip over the weekend to the Emergency Room. Middle of the night, Gabriel's second night of not sleeping well AT ALL, trip back in to town to visit our favorite ER, motrin and ear drops. That was our outing and thankfully Gabe did sleep better.

Since our time at 'camp' we have been busy at home. Gabriel is in a most exhausting stage of wanting to be literally attached to mommy at the hip! Very hard right now...but still as cute as ever. He is right on the edge of being able to crawl around on his own. I am hoping once he figure that out that maybe that will help it?! Who knows...
Luke had a bug bite over his eye that swelled up SO huge...his eye was practically shut! Oh when I looked at him I wanted to chuckle and cry at the same time.
Nicholas...this is a favorite of mine right now. He LOVES to wear tank tops. But what's great about it is that more often than not he gets things a bit mixed up. He lets me know in the morning "MOM...I'm going to get dressed. I think I am going to wear a TOP TANK today". Too cute, huh?

Alrighty...should REALLY get to bed!

1 comment:

Lula! said...

"Top Tank." That is adorably precious. You need to be sharing pics of these beautiful boys, please.

Great talking with you on Saturday--glad you called when you did, because I haven't had much of a voice for the past couple of days. I KNOW, right--me not being able to talk? What a travesty. I LOVE Y'ALL!