Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Be Still and know...

Do you ever just feel like it's all just too much...that you would give anything if your 'world' would just stop spinning for one brief moment so you could catch your breath...I realize that this sounds quite dismal (nice word, huh?). Seriously, though, I find myself over these last days spinning and just when I think I'm going to get a chance to regroup...well, it doesn't happen. What is the answer for this? I know that what I need is to simply Be still and know that He is God. These are the times where I am so grateful that I serve a real and sovereign God who is in control when I am just NOT!!! :) I hope for anyone else who may be in that 'crazy spin zone' that you know the God who is in control, because if I didn't I sure would be a mess!
Anyway, a quick update...life in the Pomerleau household is a tad crazy, or so it feels. Kids are sick, schedules are full, and yet...we are blessed with little ones who remind us of enjoying the simple parts of the crazy days! Like my almost five year old who had a discussion with me about what to do in an emergency...very candidly and seriously he and I worked out what the plan is, who to call, what to say, etc. He was SO proud to have a discussion like that with me. And my almost three year old who stops me often during the day to just say "mom, I want you to hold me"...and I love those moments. And my six month old who is just so intrigued and happy with his own two feet! Praise God for my children who help me breathe in the enjoyment of this life that God has given.

3 comments:

Lula! said...

I praise God for your children, too. And I am thankful for the knowing that comes from stillness. I don't find it very often, but when I do it's a blessing. Thanks for reminding me of this...

Infarrantly Creative said...

I love when God reminds me of all the little things to be grateful for. Sometimes I can just be so soaked in my life I can't see straight. And then like a whirlwind God gives me a picture of all my blessings. I love that.

Kaley Ehret said...

Thanks for sharing, Sarah. You are not alone!