Saturday, February 9, 2008

Snow, Snow, and more snow!

We are in a winter wonderland! It has snowed almost each day of this past week and we are at the beginning of another storm that is to head in to tomorrow!! Snow is EVERYWHERE! Though we have had snow on the ground since...well, since winter got here I think...this week the snow has come with newness. My boys woke up one morning, looked out the window and said "Look at the snow...it's Christmas!!" Precious! I have not been the biggest fan of winter weather, but I can definitely say that this year I have come to love it while I'm in it...and it is a gift from my kids. I have loved playing hockey on the ice with my boys, or going sledding, seeing their wonder as they stick out their tongues to catch snowflakes, and seeing their pride as they help Daddy shovel while also trying to get him with snowballs! And then, the other day, we filled up our front yard with snow angels. I have really had fun in the snow and I am grateful for the renewed appreciation that I think was there when I was a child.
Having said all of that...I would like a little more time left for hockey on the ice in Chris's brother's backyard (Nicholas just can't get enough of it)...but I wouldn't mind if this was our last big hoorah of winter! However, this is still a bit early to be thinking winter is closing up shop.
Well, good night for now! I shall drift off to sleep soon while the snow falls through the night! And...I will awaken to a beautiful dumping of snow that may allow for a very quiet day as we worship the Lord with our church and then maybe just get to hunker down at home... just the five of us!

1 comment:

Lula! said...

Send snow here, please. We've only had a few days of it, and no more than an inch or so. SHARE!!!! :)
p.s. What did ya think of last Thursday's episode? It was MIND-BLOWING, and that's coming from a seasoned Lost veteran. Whew!