Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So, life has been a bit busy...and as I try to figure out how to share any news we have had over the last two weeks I realize a few things: first of all, I can't quite remember it all...and secondly, I am quite sure it has been pretty standard!!! However, one of the highlights for our family was a two day get-away. We were able to head just 45 minutes away to a wonderful 'cabin' on a lake where we can just be the 5 of us. It is great...a beautiful cabin/house with everything one would need and even everything we don't need...our cell phones don't work out there and we LOVE that aspect!!! It is truly the one spot we can just be away. For me, it came at the perfect time as I had hit one of those points of mom exhaustion. While on our get-away, we were able to spend some time skating out on the ice, playing board games, snuggling in front of a fire, and just spending time together. It was wonderful...of course I didn't want to leave and I already look forward to our next get-away!! I praise God for our little place of refuge we can enjoy here on earth...until we get to our eternal refuge with Him in Heaven!!

Well, that is all for now...but I trust I will be sharing more regularly again...

No comments: